To businesses today, an internet connection in an office is as important as having a phone line. And, for the majority the most cost effective solution is a standard ADSL line over an existing telephone line – or broadband as it’s more commonly known.
Smart IT provides a range of connectivity options to connect your business to the internet, these include:
- ADSL can be setup on an existing standard telephone line, or a new line can be installed at a small cost
- That telephone line can still be used to make and receive telephone calls, most our customers use their fax line to carry their ADSL.
- ADSL offers reliable speeds of up to 24mbps (24,576 kbps), around 450 times faster than the old 56k dial up internet.
- SDSL can provide a more reliable internet connection, with an uptime SLA of around 100%
- Upload speeds are normally faster than ADSL, this makes it ideal for connecting multiple offices through a VPN
- SDSL offers many of the advantages of a leased line at a much lower cost.
This is a relatively new technology which fills the gap between ADSL or SDSL and leased lines. It provides a more cost effective alternative to upgrading to expensive Leased Lines, while provides many of the advantages. Up to four ADSL or SDSL lines are combined into one single, faster and more reliable Internet connection.
A Leased Line provides the fastest method for connecting to the internet, with speeds of up to 10Gbps a leased line provides connectivity for the most demanding applications. Leased Lines are also more reliable than regular ADSL with 100% uptime SLA’s standard.