Smart IT are one of the fastest growing technology companies in the North East. Winner of Best North East IT Support company and one of the top 50 MSP’s in the UK.
After another successful year of growth, we’re looking to expand our team and recruit a Second Line Field Engineer.
Essentially this role will involve providing client facing technical support on a “front line” basis in Newcastle and Gateshead area. You will be asked to either find a solution to the issue remotely from the office or visit client site to solve the problem.
You will work closely with members of the team to provide technical expertise in handling IT issues for customers along with special projects as assigned. This would suit a skilled and capable individual.
- Driving License (company vehicle is provided)
- 2 years Business IT Support experience minimum
Minimum Required skills:
- Networking – LAN, WAN, Firewalls, Routers, VPN’s
- Office 365 – installation, troubleshooting and management
- Server builds – Windows 2016, 2019 and 2022
- Good knowledge of Active Directory
- Remote server and desktop support – RDP
To Your Advantage:
- Relevant Microsoft certifications
- Citrix experience and qualifications
- Vmware ESX server experience
- Cisco experience and qualifications
- VOIP hardware/software experience
Successful candidates are expected to have proven track record of providing a high-level of customer satisfaction and ability to meet service level agreements.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a part of an award-winning technology company, we want to hear from you. We’re offering a starting salary and yearly bonus in the range of £25,000 – £31,000, company vehicle and excellent prospects for an ambitious and talented individual.
If you can combine these minimum requirements with superb communication skills and the desire to learn, then this is the opportunity of a lifetime.