Smart IT, an award winning North East IT and Telecoms solution provider is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Third Line Engineer to join its expanding team based in our new offices in Team Valley, Gateshead.
You will be responsible for carrying out a range of tasks, including supporting our first/second line engineers with ticket escalation, hardware configuration, network installations and configurations, server maintenance, as well as various project work such as server migrations, DR solutions and server environment co-location.
You will also be required to support sales staff with project quotes and advice on system solutions.
This would suit a skilled and capable individual wishing to progress their career within a growing IT and Telecoms company
It is essential that you have the following:
- Network configuration and administration experience including LAN, WAN, WLAN, VPN, VLANS, etc
- Routing (BGP, iBGP, OSPF, IS-IS)
- Switching (VLAN, STP, MPLS, LACP)
- VMWare and HyperV experience
- Windows 2016/2019 – Installation, troubleshooting and management
- Excellent knowledge of AD, Domain Controller, Wsus server & Antivirus products
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7, 8, 10, and Microsoft Office
- UK Driving Licence and use of own car (mileage will be paid)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a 2nd/3rd line role
- Any Cisco certifications
- VMWare or HyperV certifications
- Citrix experience and qualifications
- Relevant Microsoft certifications
If you can combine these minimum requirements with superb communication skills and the desire to learn, then this is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career within a leading IT services company.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and a negotiable salary depending upon experience.