“The Ultimate Threat Management Firewall” “has become one of those technical buzz words over recent years, but firstly let’s look at what an Ultimate Threat Management (UTM) Firewall actually means.
“An UTM (Ultimate Threat Management) Firewall allows organisations to consolidate their network security services using one appliance, simplifying the protection of the network. All threats and security-related activity can then be monitored through a single pane of glass providing total network security. That means no compromises, with the kind of features specifically designed to help SMEs like yours combat the rising threat of ransomware.”
UTM Firewall – One Appliance = Total Network Security
A recent study* revealed that Cybercrime has increased by 600% since the start of the pandemic*Purplesec
6 Essential Features of an Ultimate Threat Management (UTM) Firewall
• Advanced Web Filtering – Website filtering and blocking for certain types of website or group of people, UTM Firewalls can use certificates to intercept the traffic before it is encrypted and then encrypt it with its own certificates.
• Geolocation Filtering – (Country Blocking) can block common high risk hacking countries like Russia/China/Iraq. Our Firewall is a high performing, all-in-one network security platform. That means no compromises, with the kind of features specifically designed to help SMEs like yours combat the rising threat of ransomware.
• Network Discovery – can be used to find rogue devices on your internal network, if an exploited system is being used as part of a botnet attack it will be picked up by your UTM firewall and actioned upon based on the rules you set
• Gateway Anti-Virus – checks files for virus signatures before they are downloaded, with a cloud based signature database that is updated constantly
• Data Inspection – Comprehensively checks all data going inbound and outbound to make sure its secure and safe
• Ongoing Updates to Counter New Threats – Firmware updates are provided immediately for any vulnerabilities found in the hardware/software version of your device. Vulnerabilities in any device are found usually via security teams specifically hired to do so, with a UTM firewall this team will be constantly trying to exploit systems and then subsequently releasing patches for the exploits to keep you forever protected and up to date.
A Firewall offers total network security, however we always recommend devices on the network should have security installed such as AntiVirus and Email Security solutions, providing far superior protection.