Smart IT were approached by Lakeshore Developments, an investment company from London who had acquired two full floors of the prestigious Royal Quays office block in North Shields. Their ambition was to transform the offices into high tech office space.
Based in North Shields, the centre is based in a high-profile landmark building just fifteen minutes from Newcastle city centre and offers two floors of premium office space. The centre can accommodate both single desks to large 150 seat open plan offices.
The centre also comes with a wealth of amenities, including state of the art IT infrastructure (with the centre being able to accommodate any kind of IT requirement through their partner Smart IT), free onsite parking, an onsite fitness centre, cycle storage and meeting rooms.
Smart IT was instructed to carry out the following:
- Rewire the building and provide new power and data outlets including floor boxes, Cat6 and fibre network connectivity, terminating at a central data comms room protected with a secure Paxton access system
- Install a fully managed Cisco UTM firewall system to secure the centre and tenants networks, as well as providing bandwidth limitations and prioritisation
- Install energy efficient air conditioning units throughout the building.
- Install an automated door entry system with key fobs
- Install new hi-definition CCTV with remote access
- Install a managed and secure wireless network throughout the building with guest access and secure authentication
- Provide fully equipped video conference rooms
- Install a fully managed and scalable unified telecoms system with call recording, reporting and remote working
- Provide a fully managed fleet of printers and photocopiers in communal areas with secure print for all tenants
- Provide an easy to use billing system so the centre can bill tenants for telecoms, printing and IT services
- Install computer and server hardware to manage all tenant services
Smart IT were awarded the contract based on guaranteed SLA’s, recommendations on how to position the hardware and services to benefit Royal Quays Business Centre and to maximise profitability, value for money and also providing us with some credible local referrals in a similar vertical.
“Smart IT brought the project in well before schedule, Royal Quays Business Centre would recommend Smart IT for all your technology requirements”